Ayush Kwath – A Hope for Immunity in Darkness of COVID-19July 29, 2020
How ArjunGuna is Beneficial in the Treatment of Heart Disease and Stress?August 11, 2020
The century-old medical branch, Ayurveda has defined the human body as a combination of tridosha – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. They are a representation of the emotional, physical & spiritual energy of us. Like we fall ill or get mad at over silly things, Ayurveda has found the definite cause behind these sudden lapses.
Let us elaborately discuss the matter so that we can be a better help to build your health & fortune.
Vata is like the wind. it is lightweight and cool. Sometimes it is dry also. But it never stands still. Vata dosha is also quite similar to this. Among the Pancha Tattva, the Vata dosha is made up of air. This is also the reason that this dosha has all the equivalent properties of air & ether elements of nature. The people who have a Vata dosha nature, they all experience more or less of these qualities.
- Those people who have Vata dosha tend to be lightweight in general. They are skinny and possess a thin bone structure.
- They often experience dryness in their skin and hair. This also makes their skin prone to damage for whatever reason.
- Having a weak immune system is also another indication of being a person of Vata dosha.
- Their personalities are also similar to the windy nature. They are very talkative. The plus point about them is they are very flexible and adaptive.
Symptoms of Imbalanced Vata Dosha:
- But when Vata Dosha runs out of balance, it can cause some serious issues among the people.
- People often lose the direction of their life and become confused about what to do.
- The decision making power seems to be off in this scenario.
- People of Vata dosha experience emotional challenges which could lead to stress & anxiety disorder.
How to Balance Vata Dosha?
There are ways to maintain the balance of Vata Dosha. Also when this dosha chakra cracks & puts our life upside down, we can easily fix this. All we need is to follow some simple yet significant measures.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle should be the key. Empathy & warmness around you makes you less stressed. And taking nourishment is the first step in this mission.
- Have a stable diet. Take lots of green vegetables during the seasons.
- Rather than buying & eating readymade food, we would like to suggest you eat cooked fresh food especially grains.
- Ayurvedic herbs like ginger, cinnamon should be used in cooking food. These herbs have been a great help to maintain a healthy body.
- Warm milk with turmeric also works best for people having weak immune systems.
In Ayurveda, Pitta Dosha refers to the combination of two Earth elements that is fire and water. Though it does not exactly mean in a literal sense.
In Sanskrit, the word Pitta means warmth.
Thus, Pitta maintains our metabolism in the body. From body temperature to hormonal balance, all-important body quotients come under pitta dosha.
- The qualities of Pitta like firmness, sharpness also reflect in the pitta people’s personalities.
- Pitta people are mostly focused on their career or life.
- They are competitive and love to take challenges.
- They always remeasure their capabilities.
- They are very much courageous, energetic like fire.
- Like water, while speaking, they express clear communications with no adversity to get right to the point.
- Managing problems & solving them on their own is one of the commendable qualities among them.
Symptoms of Imbalanced Pitta Dosha:
- Emotionally they get challenged by the heated emotion of anger.
- They lose focus.
- They tend to get indigestion.
- Their metabolism rate gets low.
How to Balance Pitta Dosha?
- For a balanced diet of Pitta people, certain foods must be avoided like hot & spicy foods.
- Any food that can cause indigestion must be a big no for pitta people.
- From raw garlic to cheese, there are foods to avoid to minimize the sour taste. Also, the use of salt is limited to pitta people.
- From sweet fruits to seasonal vegetables are suitable for a diet for a person with pronounced pitta dosha.
- Anything too spicy or sour or salty must not be included to maintain the balance. Alcohol-free beverages are recommended for once in a while.
The third one of tridosha is Kapha Dosha. We can accurately compare it with the characteristics of water & earth substances. It makes a person’s life stable & fills his life with moist emotions.
- The people with a predominance of Kapha dosha are cool & mature.
- They merely want to put their life at stake.
- They have clear & supple skin.
- Their metabolism rate is also low. They possess a good physical structure with heavy bones.
- As water flows in a particular direction with no way of turning back, the Kapha people are also never hesitant about their decision. They stick to their goals. Slowly but steadily, they work on that.
Symptoms of Imbalanced Kapha Dosha:
- When Kapha people get out of balance, they are prone to change their physical appearance fast.
- They gain lots of weight.
- Their stomachs remain upset.
- They experience weak lungs & respiratory systems.
- They get body rashes or acne.
- They usually get depressed with an imbalance in Kapha dosha.
- They suddenly get surrounded by lethargic energy.
How to Balance Kapha Dosha?
- To bring Kapha back in balance, people should be warm & excited.
- They should work on their passion. This will bring positive vibes back in life.
- Green vegetables, meat & dairy products are highly recommended.
- On occasions, spicy food is also good to bring the lost excitement back.
- Ayurvedic herbs like guggul and clove are very good to keep Kapha’s balance at the place.
Overall, to keep all the tridosha of our body at its preferable place, we should work on our daily routines. A little change in our daily life will keep our body at balance. Including exercise like jogging is a must. It will maintain our metabolism rate. Alcohol addiction or caffeine addiction should be avoided at any cost. The optimal health is achieved through the right assessment of the imbalance area of the tridosha of our body. Learning harmony & understanding the root cause of the problem is the first step towards bringing our lost emotional, physical, and spiritual energy back to glory. We are with you. Keep going.